In honor of National Ice Cream Day, I concocted a deliciously sweet ice cream to celebrate. I created a.. wait for it…Strawberry Rosè Ice Cream and it is to die for! I mean wine AND ice cream..it doesn’t get much better than that, does it? No way Rosè! It has a delicious strawberry flavor with a just hint of honey and a rosè finish. It is perfect in a sugar cone or on top of a berry dessert with shortcake. It is super easy to make and perfect for those mid-summer cravings. Here is the recipe below:
Berry Shortcake with Strawberry Rose Ice Cream ( or just rosè ice cream!)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup rosè wine
- 1 loaf prepackaged angel food cake
- 1 cup mixed berries
- Mix milk, whipping cream, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and honey into a bowl until sugars are dissolved.
- Put strawberries into a food processor and mix with rosè wine and purée until only fine pieces of strawberries are left.
- Mix strawberry rosè blend into main mixture and stir.
- Use a 2qt ice cream maker and pour all of the mixed ingredients into the center. Let churn until ice cream thickens
- Cut angel food cake and place berries in center and top with strawberry rosè ice cream.
Thank you to Fred Meyer for sponsoring this post and encouraging my creativity. All products used are from my local Fred Meyer and all thoughts, opinions and content are my own.